I created this blog on the occasion of my 47th Birthday in March 2009 to celebrate what is blessed, good, smart, stimulating, interesting, inspiring, fun, joyous and positive in my life, my community, our country and our world.
I vow to only elevate those thoughts, words and deeds of my gender and my race that are examples of excellence and something we can all aspire to!
Happy Birthday to me!
Star Jones, an American lawyer chick who is free, black and grown.
An attorney by training, television personality by happenstance, former prosecutor by trade, political insider by circumstance, philanthropist by grace, author by inspiration and lecturer by interest who has dedicated her entire professional career to offering a fresh perspective to the day’s most talked about crime and justice, political and sociological issues from the worlds of news, entertainment, politics and pop culture. Star is best known to television viewers for her candor, confidence and uncanny ability to clarify muddy legal and social issues. Her knowledge of the law and talent for television has won her critical acclaim as a news and legal correspondent, television host and social commentator.
- Highlight and elevate those mentors from our community who shine. I'll introduce you to some and you can introduce some to me. It is really about finding those role models who inspire us to be better.
- Celebrate those who have triumphed over adversity. Add your own stories of facing challenges head on and not only surviving...but thriving!
- What is wonderful in your life? Why are you happy? What gives you joy? Who makes you happy? This is the place and time to cheer our lives and loves!
"Tell It Like It Is" Thursday
- What issues matter to you? What can we do to be better? How can we elevate our own game? Let's challenge each other to take it to the next level. Joyous Praise and Gentle Criticism...all in an effort to grow.
- Instead of highlighting the "hate", let's appreciate the "great!" Cheer those who are doing "their thing!" Whether it is leading, creating, or simply shining in their own right. Let's shout them out and make others aware of who they are.
- A celebration of the love of "Sisters" who are doing their thing! Time to "shoutout" the women who make the world a better place. Why? Because it is always better to show love support and thanks to other women...rather than "hateration!"
"Simply Blessed" Sunday
- God is so good. Let's tell the world in our own personal and individual testimonies to blessings that we've had in the past week.
For years I've been gathering quotes, sayings, thoughts and messages in journals, diaries, on napkins and other small pieces of paper. I've read books, articles, positions papers, concepts, theories and listened to sermons, lectures, speeches from pastors, politicians, philosophers, authors and anyone I can learn from..thinking one day, "I'll have a place for all of them." This is that place. Every bit of content on "Positively Star" comes from years of knowledge, research, and experience. Some content comes directly from or was inspired by others and their work...but all content is based on what I believe, care about and strive towards. Welcome to "Positively Star."