Star Jones

Star Jones
Have you met Miss Jones?

Friday

My Morning Meditation...TEMPER TEMPER

  “Temper gets you into trouble. Pride keeps you there.”



Proverbs 14:17:
   Short-tempered people do foolish things,
      and schemers are hated.


Star's Interpretation:    The worse tempered people you meet are be the ones who are only acting a fool because they know they are wrong from the jump! People who have a short fuse scare me because they usually have an exaggerated reaction to ordinary occurrence. If you fly off the handle when faced with a problem...you don't make good decisions and bad decisions can put you in the proverbial trick bag!  A Roman poet wrote:  "one who cannot restrain their anger will wish undone, what their temper and irritation prompted them to do.”  So make it a practice to avoid folk who lead with their MOUTHS instead of their MINDS.  Because as my mother used to say:  "Don't let your mouth get you into trouble that your behind can't get you out of."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome as long as they are in keeping with the spirit of this blog. They must be positive about your life, your community, our nation or our world. They must elevate...not denigrate...and if you criticize me or my position...state your name and email address so I know who you are and can address you directly. My blog...my rules. Star