Star Jones

Star Jones
Have you met Miss Jones?

Sunday

SIMPLY BLESSED

This has been the best week and happiest birthday I have had in a very long time!  My guy took me away to the Carribbean with some of our best friends and all we did was enjoy each other.  The simple pleasures of love and friendship is my blessing this week.

I'm missing church this morning because I'm out of the country; but I didn't miss my time alone with God.  Morning prayers have been my ritual since I can remember.  It is the quietest time of the day, my head is its most clear and my heart is its most open.  Since it is the beginning of a new day...nothing has distracted me, angered me, annoyed me or made me forget just how blessed I am to be HIS child. My prayer today is simple:  Thank you Lord for the blessing of good health and finally the good sense to maintain it.  Thank you Lord for my family and the complete knowledge that they love me.  Thank you Lord for my friends and the security that they have my back. Thank you Lord for bringing someone in my life who makes my heart beat faster, gets joy from my smile and whose arms are wide enough to hold me in good times and in bad.  And thank you Lord for your son Jesus who is my constant friend and ultimate comforter.  I am blessed beyond measure Father, and I thank you.

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Star. I was touched that your best birthday is about the simple things...I have noticed that as we approach our "Autumn days," birthdays move from celebrations of self, to celebrations of gratitude, survival, and love of others. I wonder how many others in our age group have noticed that paradigm shift?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings Ms Star. I am having a birthday 4/7/2009 but I was blessed to just read your testimony about Life and how you survived cancer. I just wanted to acknowlege that God is Good. I was born with one leg shorter than the other and arm AND God healed me strecthed my leg and arm out at 2 yrs old and that was 45 years old. What a mighty God we serve. I just thank him for miracles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday Ms.Star.......and many blessesd more.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome as long as they are in keeping with the spirit of this blog. They must be positive about your life, your community, our nation or our world. They must elevate...not denigrate...and if you criticize me or my position...state your name and email address so I know who you are and can address you directly. My blog...my rules. Star