- I asked a question about a group that I referred to as "so-called celeb bloggers." If you aren't one ("so-called" or a "celeb blogger")...clearly I wasn't talking about you.
- I stated that "a lot" of them follow me." Them refers back to "so-called celeb bloggers," "a lot" is defined by most dictionaries as "many...but not all."
- I stated that I found the "nasty stuff" that they (referring back again to "so-called celeb bloggers") say about people they don't know is "unfathomable," which in this context I meant as "mystifying."
- I then asked what was their motivation (for their tactics, strategy, behavior, game plan, conduct, actions, etc.) for being "mean?"
- I used several examples of people I had seen nasty or mean things written about by "so-called celeb bloggers."
- After reading other responses from several followers, I referred to the phenomenon that I questioned as "hatoration" and stated the opinion that it was an illness that needed to be "excised," which is defined as "cut out."
- I then clarified why I even asked the question from the beginning as being for my own "edification," which is defined as "the instruction or improvement of a person morally or intellectually."
- I stated that I love the concept of journalism and information...(which clearly re-iterated that I was not addressing anyone that engaged in either of these legitimate disciplines because they are both based in "hard work."
- I expressed the opinion that there was a new phenomenon of simply inventing stories or regurgitating invented stories. And finally,
- I stated that two of the people that I had the privilege of working with in the past had specific requirements when it came to the business of journalism.
I love Twitter because the date, time and place of all your ACTUAL statements are available for review. In my business (law) it is called "Direct" evidence.
Yesterday, I asked a question ...some people took it personally and attacked. You be the judge because here are the actual "Tweets" that started the controversy around midnight last night (in reverse order...so start at the bottom and read up):
May I suggest you evaluate the resulting controversy with the following 10 points in mind:
This brought on a barrage of tweets and re-tweets that were a mix of interesting insights, curious queries and insulting remarks. Some were of course mean-spirited and a lot were nasty and filled with "hatoration" which resulted in me purposefully excising anything I found offensive, intrusive or simply toxic from my twitter followers...
Those are the facts ya'll...do with them what you will...but those are the facts.
Posted by Star Jones Esq at 2:14 PM