Star Jones

Star Jones
Have you met Miss Jones?

Tuesday

Tuesday Triumph: God's Grace


Today is the day that the Lord has made, REJOICE and be glad in it!

In a few hours, I will go to a hospital for the LAST time to visit my friend, the "patient;" because the walking, talking, fully functioning woman that I know and love will be discharged today at noon!

8 Weeks ago my sister-friend was clinging to life; barely conscious. Yesterday, this amazingly strong, elegant, gifted and blessed woman stood on her own in a room filled with people and gave the most beautifully touching speech I have ever heard. She wanted to personally thank the rehabilitation team that had given her back her life...so she wrote and delivered a moving tribute to them.

There was not a dry eye in the room as she spoke of her struggle, of her determination, of the family and friends who had prayed and cared for her...and of course the medical team that had saved her life. I can barely type this through the tears of joy because yesterday was a day that dreams were made of. My prayer for the past few weeks was that she come back to those of us who love and adore her...whole. It is nothing less than a miracle that in a matter of hours, she...under her own power...will walk out of the hospital.

If you ever doubt the goodness of God, the power of prayer or the fulfillment of faith...I can't wait for her to tell HER story to the world...it is a testimony to God's Grace.


2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful and inspiring testimony. Her story has touched me and she hasn't even told it yet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMEN! PRAISE GOD! ANOTHER TESTIMONY OF HIS GRACE AND MERCY! I AM SO HAPPY THAT YOUR FRIEND WAS ABLE TO OVERCOME SO MUCH AND NOW ABLE TO RETURN TO THE LIFE SHE ONCE KNEW. YOU TOO ARE AN AMAZING FRIEND FOR STANDING BY HER SIDE PRAYING OVER HER, BELIEVING AND HAVING RELENTLESS FAITH. GOD IS A GOOD GOD WHO IS FAITHFUL TO THOSE WHO OBEY, TRUST AND BELIEVE IN HIM. I WILL BE PRAYING FOR HER CONTINUED SUCCESS. AS WELL AS, YOUR CONTINUED SUCCESS IN LIFE ITSELF. GOD BLESS!~PRINCESS

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome as long as they are in keeping with the spirit of this blog. They must be positive about your life, your community, our nation or our world. They must elevate...not denigrate...and if you criticize me or my position...state your name and email address so I know who you are and can address you directly. My blog...my rules. Star